3U Innovediate is hosting a one day practical workshop focused on developing effective communication strategies for researchers in the 3U Partner Institutions who wish to engage the public and patients as active stakeholders in their research.
What is Public and Patient Involvement?
Public and Patient Involvement (PPI) is when individuals meaningfully and actively collaborate in the governance, priority setting, and conduct of research, as well as in summarising, distributing, sharing, and applying its resulting knowledge. The importance of PPI in research has been highlighted by many of the funding agencies including, the European Commission Framework funding, HRB and SFI.
PPI can lead not only to treatments that better meet patient’s needs and are more likely to be put into practice, but also to changes in the Government priorities and in funding policies. PPI demands new communication skills from researchers that enable them to create a dialogue with patients and the public so that their inputs can be fully represented in addressing the research challenges.
The 3U Innovediate workshop is aimed at developing relevant communication skills for researchers of any discipline who already, or who are seeking to, involve the public and patients in their research. The 3U Innovediate workshop aims to give researchers the tools to develop this engagement innovatively and effectively.
Who should attend?
This topic is of obvious interest to biomedical and clinical researchers but researchers from any discipline whose work affects patients and public and their health management will also benefit.
- Monday 12th June 2017
- Time: 9.00am – 5.00pm (8.30am Registration)
- Venue: College Hall & Board Room, RCSI, 123 St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin 2
- For queries email email@example.com
- Click HERE to view Flyer/Programme Agenda
- 6.0 CPD credits for medics
- Researchers from 3U Partners (DCU, MU, RCSI): Free admission
- PhD Students from 3U Partners (DCU, MU, RCSI): Free admission
- Professionals from other Organisations: €50
- Discounted rate for PhD students from other institutions and NGO’s: €25
FRIDAY 9th JUNE is the last day to register online. You can register at 8.30am on Monday 12th June at the 3U Innovedaite workshop in RCSI’s Board Room, 123 St Stephen’s Green.